Friday, November 21, 2008

Bear

This is our puppy, Bear. Unfortunately, he is a very smart, spazz-puppy. Which means he is a whirling dervish flying through the house chewing everything. Now, anyone who knows me knows I can be a little obsessive. If I tole paint, I want ALL the paints. If I crosstitch, I NEED every DMC floss known to man, quilting=4 boxes of fabric, etc. So.....I am going to train Bear. Which means I have to look everywhere and get advice from everyone. So, I have kenneled him. Did the treat thing, got "chewies" and toys, yelled alot....chased him around looking like a total moron while he appears to smile in mischievious glee. Even bought a chewie that you hide a treat in to keep him occupied (didn't work, he just looked at me like I was stupid.) Well, here is my new thing. Cecil "The Dog Whisperer". I am tivo-ing ALL his shows, watching avidly and I have decided he is a miracle worker and my hero. I am absolutely certain that if I just follow his words of wisdom I will have the best behaved dog EVER. Norman and my family laugh and mock me. We'll see who is right. I'll update you on my progress.

7 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I think you should bet on it! I've seen that show and he is a miracle worker!
I'd give it a try but am afraid I'd kill the dang thing before I had it trained. YES Cari! I have finally learned I am not meant to be a pet person~Too bad so many creatures were tortured while I was discovering this fact about me!

Vidal's Nest said...

ps..cute dog!

Shelli said...

Gorgeous blue eyes! They remind me of our dog, Bear ... that lasted about six months, and then we couldn't stand it anymore, and we gave him back to the breeder. We tried training him. I still remember him dragging the trainer, Wendy (about 52 years old), onto her back while she giggled wildly and a little crazily. I hope you do better than we did!

kristifritzel said...

I really like the book "good owners, great dogs" it is viery similar to the dog whisperer approach. Added to that, we are taking Jack to PetSmart'd dog training. It's pretty much the same approach, bu they give you advice on how to incorporate the training and tips on how to make it work.

Amanda said...

Good luck mom, I hope it works, it's really annoying when he jumps up at you, and he eats all of madison's toys.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Cute puppy! They are a lot of work, though. It is amazing how much harder some breeds are than others. We are having a rough time with our puppy as well. Svetlana was such an easier dog to train. She still is!

Ginger said...

Good luck. I have watched lots of dog whisper shows and unless you have a psyco dog it doesn't seem to help. I don't know what the answer is.